- 3 lbs. butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 8 c. chicken stock (warmed)
- 2 tbs. butter
- 4 tbs. flour
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp. of chili powder
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass
- 1 can of coconut milk (12 or 14 oz.)
- 2 tbs. soy sauce
- Salt and white pepper
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ c. grated parmesan cheese
Steam the butternut squash and garlic until soft. Let cool for about 10-15 minutes and then puree in food processor with a little bit of chicken stock. Melt the butter in a stock pot and whisk in the flour. Add the curry powder, chili powder, and lemongrass. Stir for about a minute and add the remaining chicken stock. Bring to a boil. Stir in the pureed butternut squash and garlic and cook on high for 5 minutes until all of the flavors marry.
Let cool and once cooled, remove the lemongrass and add soy sauce, coconut milk and salt & pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh, chopped cilantro, a bit of fresh cream or even some fresh lump crab.